The EU Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) recognises ESGgen as one of only nine case studies in a new report on SMEs and ESG. The report highlights “a scarcity of solutions for SMEs”. And yet, SMEs increasingly have to provide ESG and non-financial data to their customers, lenders and investors.
Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for SMEs to get accounting-grade data for all their ESG and non-financial needs, in line with International Auditing Standards (ISAE 3000).
Key highlights from the ESGgen case study:
– “focus on SMEs and alignment with the EU-Taxonomy”
– “a different payment scheme based on the number of employees, making it affordable for all SMEs”
– “data needed already in SMEs accounting systems, payroll and other documents…can be done within a few hours””
– “Certified Accountants to guarantee data quality”
– “accounting to ISAE 3000 and use of science based metrics”
– “beyond benchmarking…SMEs receive information about the value and risks of their activities”
The Joint Research Centre is the European Commission’s science and knowledge service, providing scientific evidence throughout the whole policy cycle.