What is ESGgen?
ESGgen is a purpose built, first-of-its-kind platform that automates ESG accounting in line with International Auditing Standards (ISAE 3000).
Our ESG Audits and Value & Risk Accounts are supervised and signed-off by Certified Public Accountants and are tested for relevance, double materiality, completeness, consistency, transparency and accuracy.
The first ESG platform and methodology tailored to SMEs
ESGgen is the first ESG accounting Software as a Service (SaaS) platform tailored to SMEs that will increase productivity and provide decision-useful, investment grade ESG audits and accounts.
- Audits ESG impacts using 29 measures relevant to SMEs
- Uses documentation that already exists in most SMEs
- Calculates ESG impacts on 8 environmental, 15 social, and 6 governance measures
- Accounting grade, cloud-based platform secures data integrity & confidentiality
Start for free now!
ESGgen Value & Risk Account
What are the alternatives?
Providers offering alternatives ESG solutions fall into 4 types:
1. Consultants (small sustainability advisors) that advise companies on environmentally-friendly actions they can take, instead of auditing company CO2 emissions.
2. Carbon calculators (e.g. Normative/Plan A/Novata/ecovadis/Planetly) that allow companies to input their own data or existing third party reports. This is unaudited so errors and omissions will cause misreporting and data gaps in CO2e emissions.
3. Commercial/semi-commercial frameworks (e.g. B CORP/ESG_VC) that offer consumer-focused questionnaires measuring environmental intent/impact. They verify the presence of company policies, not ESG impacts, thus potentially facilitating greenwashing.
4. Non-profit guidelines (e.g. GRI/TCFD/SASB/SDGs) that are open-ended and allow companies to report largely narratively on self-selected measures. Primarily for large companies they consume significant amounts of staff time and are unaffordable for SMEs.
Compare ESG providers
|ESGgen||Sustainability consultants||Carbon calculators||Commercial/semi-commercial frameworks||Non-profit guidelines|
|Required inputs||Raw data in business||Own inputs & 3rd-party reports||Assertions||Self-selected measures|
|Client time required (per year)||2-4 hrs||160 hrs||2 days- 2 wks||1-2 hrs||420-840 hrs|
|Investment grade data||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Regulatory alignment||EUT 100%*||N/A||EUT 57% (avg)||EUT 44% (avg)||N/A|
|Validate company intention||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌|
|ESG impact measurement||✅||Possibly||✅ CO2e only||❌||❌|
|Certified Public Accountant (CA)|
(also ESG certified)
|Audited ESG Score||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|ESG Audit Report||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|ESG Value & Risk Report||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|